“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough”
Our Investment Mandate
We believe in a fair deal for entrepreneurs and our priority is to make sure that all stakeholders are aligned in the business to ensure the tenure and motivation of key personnel is retained to a successful outcome.
EC1 Capital uses the ‘open sourced’ Seedcamp Term Sheet as a template for all it’s investments.
Depending on the investment amount, we typically invest in tranches subject to milestones being achieved.
EC1 Capital partners with ambitious entrepreneurial teams at their earliest stage and likes to become involved in actively helping the business achieve its goals. We like to hold meaningful positions in our portfolio companies.
Technology Sectors We Are Looking For
EC1 Capital invests in emerging web based product technologies. The initial remit is wide and can include investments in big data visualisation, social commerce, mobile, media, e-commerce and entertainment as a few examples.
People, People, People
We like to work with people we get along with, it’s a long and arduous road otherwise. We need to feel there are distinct synergies in our investments with straight talking and competent entrepreneurial teams. There are no grey areas in this respect.
- Money saving tips from SimpleTax. Why you should Go SimpleTax instead of http://t.co/heEBoGGMSf: https://t.co/Qhm6mEaUj1 ^JC 2 days ago
- Find-a-dentist service finds partner | http://t.co/VARsg3q25h http://t.co/l1grg88lIE 1 week ago
- The Corrosive Downside of Acquihires: http://t.co/OyU8NtQj1q via @msuster ^JC 1 week ago
- @RobK Time Travel Agent? Check out http://t.co/D7Kwed04eZ or http://t.co/V0QvGPM63c ^JC 1 week ago
- @spankyhurst you're losing it Steve! Who's playing lol.^JC 2 weeks ago
- Realtime time travel! Timelapse: Stunning satellite images capture Earth evolving over 30 years | http://t.co/MDC5ddD6K4 @TIME @theretronaut 2 weeks ago