Investing and advising in high growth digital companies
EC1 Capital is a newly formed, early stage tech investment fund created in Feb 2012. We are based in the heart of London’s Tech City, we literally work in the same places you do!
We invest in the brightest, hardest working tech entrepreneurs at seed and growth phases that can demonstrate how their ideas are being turned into real world metrics.
Our relationship not only begins with a cheque, as entrepreneurs we love to get involved and help in any way we can to nurture your business to grow so everyone wins.
OFFICE HOURS: Fri 14th Mar 2014 - 11am - 1pm » Apply here
On Growth, Virality Loops and Customer Acquisition
Posted by julian on Tue 16th Apr, 2013 10:19
Everyone loves a personality test. Whether for fun, or to better asses our skills as part of choosing a career, we all love hearing about how others perceive us, how we function, and how we are likely to react in situations. » Keep Reading
Silicon Valley Heartland
Posted by julian on Tue 29th Jan, 2013 15:29
I have just returned from a seven-day trip to San Francisco to learn more about how the tech scene works in Silicon Valley and what makes it so different to London. » Keep Reading
Send Us A Postcard
Posted by julian on Sat 19th Jan, 2013 22:47
All too often we see startup's that seem interesting but may be missing certain metrics and therefore we decline to invest. » Keep Reading
The SEIS Scheme. A Primer.
Posted by julian on Mon 19th Nov, 2012 21:37
The Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS), launched in April this year, offers some of the most attractive tax relief opportunities for investors seen in recent years. It has been described by a notable investor as “one of the most extraordinary incentives ever created”. » Keep Reading
We provide capital, expertise and connections for web based tech startups that provides a firm footing to further develop the technology, customer acquistion and product > market fit of the business...
- How to use evvnt to market your event http://t.co/mN1v0oRbkp 9 hours ago
- RT @paywithpaddle: We've been quiet for the past few months. Unfortunately it's because we've had this to deal with http://t.co/axEYoPQe1m 9 hours ago
- RT @hybridcluster: We had some really great discussions with prospects @CloudEuropeExpo 2014, rating it highly as a cloud event http://t.co… 1 day ago
- RT @ItxasoLondon: London's Fast Growing Fashion Scene http://t.co/szoMKxnSoM via @HuffPostTech @lschells7 @EDITD @lyst @amalucky @chrismort… 5 days ago
- Patent Trolls are alive and well on this side of the Atlantic too and a bit too close to home! http://t.co/LZrWXwZHNg 1 week ago
- RT @EE: Like Instagram? Like 3D photographs? Check out "Seene" app; start sharing in three dimensions http://t.co/Indb4lRuZZ http://t.co/V8… 1 week ago
EC1 Capital follows in a new round for Lifecake led by Balderton
As reported on TechCrunch, Balderton capital has invested in a follow on Series seed round in EC1 Capital portfolio company Lifecake. EC1 Capital also participated alongside TechTopia.» Read more
EC1 Capital Leads Round in User Replay» Read more
EC1 Capital visits 10 Downing Street
On the 15 July, the directors of EC1 Capital were invited to both the UKTI VC Unit for high level discussions followed by a meeting with a senior business advisor to the Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street on one of the hottest days of the year!» Read more